FimFiction Link - Short ID: 7531/eyes-on-you
Published: Jan '12 — Jul '14
One day, Twilight hears a cry of help in the forest, when she goes to invesitgate, she founds a battered Trixie being attacked by Timberwolves. What follows is the birth of a strong friendship, and perhaps something more. But, why has Trixie returned to Ponyville? Well, she wants Twilight to be her partner in the Manehattan Magic Display, Equestria's most prestigious show magic expo.
- Both Trixie and Twilight act believeable and in-character.
- They don't immediately hit it off, and it's nice to see how their personalities clash during the first chapters as they start to warm up to each other.
- There's a love triangle going on between Trixie, Twilight and Rainbow Dash that has a good set-up and is well developed through the first part of the story.
- Despite the tonal shift between the Ponyville arc and Manehattan arc, the story keeps you interested in the developing relationship between Twilight and Trixie.
- The events of the Display are creative and engaging.
- Sans a couple of exceptions, most of the other OC participants in the Display are underdeveloped.
- Twilight's obliviousness to Rainbow Dash's feelings gets a bit tiring near the end of the Ponyville arc.
- The shift between the Ponyville arc and the Manehattan arc is very notorious. If it weren't for the romantic core of the whole story, they may as well be two different Twixie stores.
Overall, this is a great fic. The relationship between Trixie and Twilight feels natural, and the Display is a really interesting event with fun and creative events.
If you like Twixie and Grand Tournaments, this is for you.